Saturday, October 30, 2021

Dark Sky (Keiko #2) by Mike Brooks ★★☆☆☆

Yellow and black SciFi scene of a man with a gun under a space ship in the rain
Drift shrugged. “I’ve made a career out of never quite being killed by everything around me going wrong.” 
Plenty went wrong. 

What I liked: 
This was one action-packed chaotic event after another. 
There is no attempt at featuring a moral to the story.
It's violent in a practical way.

What I didn't like: 
No sexy time.
Lame budding romance.
The lack of camaraderie. This is a huge story weakness. Kuia and Apirina are especially apathetic.
"...if we all got rich tomorrow an’ I could settle down, I’d probably wish [the crew] well an’ not think much more about ’em." 

Well hell, if you don't care I don't care. I like Drift but he's not enough to carry the series.

I may or may not read Book Three.

No comments:

Post a Comment