Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Spectre's Rest (The Brackenford Cycle #3) by Nick Moseley ★★★★★

Bill Skarsgård in high necked black coat saying Shee it
I’ve called in a Code Black with the Custodians...'
‘What sort of response time can we expect?’ 
'They’re guaranteed to arrive two minutes after we’re all dead,’ said Oscar. 

This was my favorite Brackenford yet! The author steps up the action, danger, and humor with Spectre's Rest. Seriously the action was non stop!

Boss: Trev, I know you're burned out from catching the vampire but I need you to go to the infamously creepy gothic supernatural prison and interview that vampire - without your weapons. Sorry, policy. 
Trev:
Timothy Olyphant is his cowboy hat looking doubtful
Yeah, my response would have more explicit but Trev really wanted that information.

Unfortunately, his first day there something kills that vampire.
Timothy Olyphant as Raylan Givens frustrated with the caption Shit he's the only reason I came
Too bad, because now the prison is in lockdown trapping dark forces, Custodians, and guards of ill repute with the most dangerous criminals in the supernatural world. Worse, the dark energy is responding to the darkness in Trev.
An intense Timothy Olyphant from Go with spiked hair the caption reads I hate it yet I'm uncontrollably drawn to it
For the first half of the book it was only Trev that saw them...
A dark forest with sneaky dark ghost hiding and moving around trees
...but then SHIT. GOT. REAL.

There is no gif I have that can accurately portray the kind of futuristic losing melee trench warfare that has not been seen since Aliens. It was desperate, and brutal, and I loved it. 
Andrew Scott Feeling the music with the caption This Is My Jam
And Oscar.
And the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment